Preparation Time: 10 minutes + 45 minutes to marinade
This is a dip that I discovered whilst on holiday on the beautiful Greek Island of Crete. Since that holiday, I have worked to create the perfect Tzatziki recipe, and it has even become a staple part of my diet! It’s sharp, fresh and quite frankly, life changing. It’s so simple to make that you have no excuse not to make it yourself! Trust me, shop bought Tzatziki has nothing on this recipe.
250g of Greek Yoghurt
1 Clove of Garlic
¼ of a Cucumber
Half a Bunch of Dill
2tbs of Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
Approximate Cost of Dish – £1.90
1. Pour your 250g of Greek Yoghurt into a bowl.
2. Chop your half bunch of dill up very finely before adding it to the yoghurt in the bowl.
3. Chop your lemon in half and squeeze the whole lemon into the bowl.
4. Crush your clove of garlic into the same bowl as the yoghurt, dill and lemon.
5. Grate a quarter of a cucumber and squeeze the cucumber to remove as much water as possible. Once you have done this add to the bowl with all of the other ingredients.
6. Add two tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the bowl.
7. Season with salt and pepper and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
8. Leave to marinade for at least 45 minutes and enjoy with delicious, warm pitta bread!