Preparation Time- 10 minutes
Humous is undoubtedly on trend at the moment. It meets the criteria of a healthy, quick to make and delicious. Enjoyed in wraps, as a dip for carrot sticks, or simply spread on pitta breads, humous is a fantastic and summery all rounder. Once you have tried this recipe you will never ever buy it again from a shop.
1 can of chickpeas
2 teaspoons tahini
1 clove of garlic
A sprinkle of cumin and cayenne pepper
Approximate cost of the dish- £1
1. Drain your chickpeas and add to a food processor.
2. Add the juice of your two lemons.
3. Add your clove of garlic (crushed).
4. Add two teaspoons of tahini.
5. Season with salt, cumin and cayenne pepper, a sprinkle of each.
6. Blitz all of the ingredients together until smooth. There you have it, perfect humous!