Preparation and Cooking time- 1 Hour.
Who doesn’t love a burger? Well, if your answer is “me”, you should probably stop reading now. However, if you are looking for a meat-free alternative for a dirty (but delicious), and greasy (but gratifying) burger, you’ve come to the right place. Follow my easy guide to the tee for a perfectly juicy, crispy, salty Halloumi burger. Don’t worry – you certainly won’t miss your ground beef patty!
1 Block of Halloumi
2 Brioche Burger Buns
1 Quarter of a Red Onion
4 strips of Streaky Bacon (Optional)
2 Cloves of Garlic
6 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
3 Tablespoons of Oil
Approximate Cost of the Dish- £4
1. Cut your Halloumi in half, length ways, and marinade in your oil, dill and garlic for 40 minutes.
2.Slice your red onion finely and pickle it in your balsamic vinegar for 1 hour.
3. After around 35 minutes, begin to fry your streaky bacon in a frying pan.
4. When the bacon begins to become crispy, add your Halloumi and fry until golden brown (should take around 7-10 minutes in total.
5. Grill your brioche buns under the grill until golden.
6. Stack up the burger. Try using tzatziki as the base and add your pickled onions to the top with your bacon! Enjoy – believe me, you will not miss beef!