Preparation and Cooking time- 1 hour 10 minutes
Potato dauphinoise is the perfect side dish to serve at any dinner party. This French classic is refined, and bursting with flavour, whilst simultaneously providing creamy comfort and satisfaction.
Approximate cost of dish – £2.50
6-7 Potatoes depending on size
300mls Double Cream
4 Sprigs of Rosemary
4 Sprigs of Thyme
4 Cloves Garlic
75g Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper
1. Add your cream, rosemary, thyme and garlic to a pan and heat for around 15 mins until thick.
2. Whilst your cream is cooking, finely slice your potatoes.Layer the sliced potatoes in an oven dish, seasoning each layer as your go with salt and pepper.
3. Sieve the cream and pour over the top of the sliced, seasoned potatoes.
4. Add your cheese to the top of the potatoes.
5. Cook for around 45-50 mins, serve and indulge.