Spiced Chicken Kebabs
Preparation and cooking time- 25 minutes
Last week I returned from Crete and I cannot recommend a visit to the island highly enough. In addition to being beautiful, it’s a culinary inspiration goldmine.
The inspiration to create this recipe came from sitting in the sun, overlooking the sea in Rethymno, and tucking into a dish that married together traditional Cretan herbs with a spicy Turkish twist. These spiced chicken kebabs are an homage to that peaceful, delicious moment. You can try this recipe on the barbecue if you like, and I recommend a culture clash by pairing it with a nice cold glass of Yorkshire Heart Heartger Lager.
Approximate cost of the dish £4
4 Chicken Breasts
3 tablespoons Rapeseed Oil
2 teaspoon Tikka Powder
1 teaspoon Chinease Five Spice
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon oregano
Salt to season
Juice of Half a Lemon
1. Pour the rapeseed oil into a bowl.
2. Add all of your spices and salt.
3. Squeeze in your lemon juice.
4. Dice the chicken.
5. Add the chicken to the spice, oil and lemon mixture and mix well, coating all of the chicken.
6. Cook for around 10 mins in a grill pan, on a George Foreman Grill or on the barbecue, then serve.