Preparation and Cooking Time- 2.5 hours
These are the most indulgent, absolutely ludicrously amazing roast potatoes in the world. They are the perfect roast potatoes for Christmas day and in all honesty they are not difficult to make, just a little patience and attention to detail and you could also be in heaven eating these crispy, fluffy, downright ridiculous roast potatoes.
Approximate cost of dish- £3.50
1kg King Edward potatoes
4 tablespoons goose fat
3 sprigs rosemary
4 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
1. Peel and chop your potatoes, making sure you slice them length ways in order to create the most surface area for crispiness.
2. Place in a pan of cold water for 45 minutes to draw the starch out of the potatoes, after this time has elapsed pour away the water.
3. Add fresh water to the potatoes and boil until they are literally about to fall apart. This will take around 30 mins.
4. Drain the potatoes and allow them to steam dry in a sieve. This will take around 10 mins.
5. Whilst the potatoes are steaming add your goose fat, rosemary and garlic to a tray and place in the oven to melt together.
6. Remove the tray from the oven and carefully place your potatoes, flat side down in the fat.
7. Drizzle some vegetable oil over the top of each potato, this will help with the crisp factor. Season at this point with salt and pepper.
8. Cook for around 40 mins and then turn so the other side is on the tray.
9. Cook for another 20 mins and serve what will be the best roasties of your life.
One Comment Add yours