Preparation and Cooking Time: 3 hours
Super crispy, juicy and delicious, this is a great twist on a classic roast chicken. With a little bit of preparation you can achieve the crispiest roast chicken you have ever eaten. Full of flavour, this will certainly brighten up your day!
1 Whole Chicken
6 Cloves of Garlic
5 Tsp Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Approximate Cost of Dish- £4.50
1. Spatchcock your chicken. (Click for the link)
2. Squeeze your lemon over the chicken, add your oregano and garlic and leave to marinate for 2 hours. Leave the squeezed lemons on the chicken.
3. Place your spatchcocked chicken into an oven proof frying pan skin side down on a medium high heat with the squeezed lemons and season.
4. Leave the chicken skin side down until the skin turns golden brown.
5. Turn the chicken over and place in an oven at 190c. Cook until the juices run clear. This should take around 40-1hr depending on the size of your chicken and serve.