Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hour 15
Jacket potatoes are a quintessentially British comfort food. They can be as quick to cook as a few minutes in the microwave or cooked in the oven to create the perfect crispy potato skin. These are my ultimate jacket potatoes. Oozing with gooey cheese and finished with bacon and chorizo, there is nothing better.
8 baking potatoes
4 rashers of bacon
2 tablespoons cream cheese.
Salt and Pepper
Approximate Cost of Dish- £4
- Oil and season your potatoes and place in an oven at 200 degrees for around 45 mins or until tender.
2. Whilst your potatoes are cooking, dice your chorizo and bacon, and fry in a pan cooking your bacon for 5 minutes before you add your chorizo. Use a large sauce pan so that you can mix your potato in it at a later on.
3. Once tender, cut your potatoes in half and scoop the inners into the pan with your chorizo and bacon, making sure you save the skins.
4. Add all of your cheese to the pan and mix everything together until the potato is smooth.
5. Add your potato mixture back into the skins and cook put back in the oven until the tops are golden brown.