Halloumi and Bacon Garlic Bread Bites
Preparation and Cooking Time: 25 mins
In all honesty who doesn’t love the three above ingredients. Garlic bread, Awesome. Halloumi, Awesome. Bacon, the food of the gods. So why not put them all together to bring this unholy matrimony into the light. This is absolutely perfect as a little nibble for Christmas Day or any party you are having. Believe me, it is as delicious as it sounds.
1 Small Baguette
1 Block of Halloumi
4 Rashers of Streaky Bacon
1 Clove of Garlic
1 teaspoon of Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Approximate Cost of Dish- £2.55
1. Slice baguette into circles, add to an oven tray and lightly douse in oil
2. Grate your garlic and lightly spread over your bread
3. Sprinkle your oregano over each piece of bread and bake in the oven for roughly 15 mins until crispy like a crouton.
4. Slice your 4 rashers of bacon in half and add to a hot frying pan and cook until nice and crispy.
5. Slice your halloumi into 8 pieces and once the bacon has fried, remove the bacon from the pan and add your halloumi, cook until golden.
6. Add your bacon to the pan at the last minute to ensure that it is hot. Then place the halloumi and bacon atop the garlic bread and serve.