Preparation and Cooking Time: 2 hour 20
Everyone loves chicken (unless of course you’re you’re from Mars. Or a vegetarian). From casseroles, to roast dinners, this humble ingredient is versatile and a reliable crowd pleaser. My recipe for zingy chicken is a perfect way to jazz up this trusty ingredient. Spicy, citrusy and herby, this is one juicy, flavour packed way to pay homage to the reliable chicken breast. I like to serve with homemade chips and salad.
2 Chicken Breasts
2 Cloves of Garlic
Small Bunch of Thyme
Salt and Pepper
Approximate Cost of Dish -£2.80
1. Add your thyme, lime juice and juiced limes, chopped chilli and garlic to a bowl and add around 3 table spoons of oil
2. Add your chicken and mix into the marinade. Leave for around 2 hours.
3. Preheat a frying pan with oil and then add your chicken, season at this point with salt and pepper.
4. Cook for around 5 mins on a high heat and then turn.
5. After another 5 mins add the marinade to the pan and coat the chicken in it.
6. Cook for another 5 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and serve!