Preparation and Cooking Time: 3 hours
Just like my tzatziki recipe, this is a dish that I fell in love with whilst on holiday in Crete. I was taken with its fresh, tangy, herby flavours and I have since worked on creating my own, authentic recipe to transport me back to Crete each time I make it.
This is a perfect meal for a hot, summer’s day, paired with an ice cold lager or a gin and tonic.
2 Chicken breasts
2 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tsp Oregano
Salt and Pepper
Approximate Cost of Dish- £2.50
1. Dice your chicken breasts into bite-size chunks.
2. Zest and squeeze your lemon into a bowl.
3. Crush your two cloves of garlic into the same bowl.
4. Add your oregano to the bowl.
5. Add a splash of olive oil to your bowl.
6. Marinade your chicken in the mixture for roughly 2 hours.
7. Cook in a griddle pan or a George Foreman grill until cooked through.
8. Serves with chips, salad and tzatziki, the Greek way!