Preparation and Cooking Time- 40mins
Want that homemade mince pie fix but don’t have the time to bother making your mincemeat or making the pastry? With this cheats guide you can have the perfect mince pies in a fraction of the time!
Approximate cost of dish- £5
1 pack of pre made ready rolled puff pastry
1 Jar of good quality mincemeat
2 tablespoons cream cheese (Optional)
1. Roll out your puff pastry until it is around the thickness of a 10 pence coin (use icing sugar as the flour).
2. Zest your orange and sprinkle your orange zest over the puff pastry
3. Butter your muffin tin
4. Cut out your puff pastry into circles, one slightly bigger for the base and one smaller one for the top. Add to your buttered muffin tin and fill with your mincemeat. I like to add cream cheese to my mince pies at this point also, just a small spoonful in each. Of course you don’t have to do this is you don’t want.
5. Repeat the process with the left over puff pastry
6. Squeeze your orange into a bowl and add some 2 tablespoons of icing sugar and glaze the mince pies with this mix.
7. Bake for around 30 mins at 190 degrees C and serve.