Cook and Prep time 1hr 30mins
Do not let the length of time these take to make put you off, they are the most delicious onions you could possibly eat. Full of rich, sweet onion flavour with notes of garlic and rosemary, these are absolutely perfect to pair with sausages or with my Ultimate Burger. It is basically its own condiment!
4 large red onions
2 tbsp butter
2tbsp veg oil
3 sprigs of rosemary
2 large garlic clothes
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Thinly slice your onions and add to a saucepan with your butter and veg oil
- Add your salt (around 2 tsp at this point) and sweat the onions on the lowest setting your hob will go for around 20 mins.
- After these twenty mins, chop your rosemary and garlic as small as possible and add them to the pan.
- Stir every 5 to 10 mins to make sure that the onions are not burning on the bottom of the pan.
- When the butter and oil splits out of the onions (see pictures below) you will know that they are nearly ready.
- When the onions are a wonderful golden brown serve up!