Preparation and Cooking Time- 35 minutes
Leek and potato soup is my absolute favourite soup of all time. I’ve had to battle my mum for the title of ‘best soup cook’, however I assure you that mine is souperior (get it). Follow these steps to enjoy the tastiest, heartiest, heart-warming soup you will ever eat.
Approximate cost- £1.50
1 stock cube (vegetable or chicken)
Salt and pepper
1. Dice your onion, add to a large pan and begin to fry.
2. Roughly chop your two leeks and add to the pan to fry with your onion.
3. Dice your potatoes into small chunks, around 1cm and add to the leeks and onion.
4. Pour in your boiling water, enough to cover the vegetables.
5. Add your stock cube to the soup and leave to simmer for roughly 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
6. Transfer the soup to a blender (or use a stick blender) and blitz the soup until smooth.
7. Season to taste, and why not serve with delicious kale crisps?!