Serves 6 as a side 3 as a main
Preperation and Cooking Time- 45 mins
Cous cous is a firm family barbecue favourite in my house. Perfect for a hot sunny day, light and pack full of flavour, this recipe is the only cous cous recipe you will ever need. Tangy and zesty this is definitely one to try at home!
250g cous cous
Half a pint of tepid water
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 red onion
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic
10 cherry tomatoes
Approximate Cost of Dish- £1.50
1.Add your cous cous to a large bowl (or pan).
2. Add your olive oil and the juice of 1 lemon to the cous cous.
3. Pour your half pint of water over the cous cous and allow to stand for roughly 45 mins.
4. Dice your onion and add to a separate bowl.
5. Dice the rest of your vegetables (carrot tomatoes garlic chilli basil ect.) and add to the onions.
6. Squeeze 1 lemon over the vegetable mixture.
7. Add your balsamic vinegar.
8. After your 45 minutes have passed, mix the vegetables into the cous cous and seasons well with Salt and Pepper.
9. There you have it, the perfect summertime cous cous.
One Comment Add yours