Preparation time – 45 mins
Mulled wine, the ultimate Christmas drink. Hot, warming, spiced and deep in flavour, my festive mulled wine is far better than the stuff you buy in the supermarket. It can pretty much be made from what you may have in your spice cupboard and is always a real winner. It can be made in huge batches for your Christmas party!
1 Bottle of red wine
Half a whole nutmeg
4 Star Anise
2 Cinnamon sticks
75mls Dark Rum
1. Pour your wine into a large pan.
2. Add the spices to the pan.
3. Squeeze your orange into the pan and then add the squeezed orange.
4. Squeeze your lemon into the pan.
5. Add your rum to the pan.
6. Add your sugar to the pan and allow to simmer for round 40 mins to let the flavours infuse.
8. Sieve into a separate pan and serve.