Preparation and Cooking Time: 1 hour 45
I know it’s impossible to get sick of roasties, they are of course one of the best things to eat and you can find out the best way to do them here. However there is an alternative. They’re a little more sophisticated, and a lot littler. Parmentier are a perfect Christmas alternative to roast potatoes, and here’s how to make the best ones you could possibly make.
9 Large Maris Piper potatoes.
5 Cloves of Garlic
Salt and Pepper
Approximate Cost of Dish -£1.50
1. Peel your potatoes and cut into around 1cm cubes, they don’t have to be neat.
2. Allow to soak in cold water for 30 mins and then drain
3. Boil for around 15 mins, or until soft and falling apart.
4. Allow to steam dry for around 15 mins, this will help them get really crispy
5. Whilst the potatoes are steaming, place an oiled tray in an oven at 190 degree and add your garlic (you can leave it in the skins)
6. Remove the try with the hot oil in after 15 mins and add your potatoes. Season with your salt and pepper at this point.
7. After around 20 mins turn the potatoes over
8. Leave for another 25 mins and serve!